How can you start building your confidence?
Confidence comes with knowing who you are and loving that person! It doesn’t mean that you assume everyone will like you, it’s being ok when someone doesn’t, here are 21 Questions to get to know yourself better and build your confidence!
Building your self confidence is a process, but what is self confidence?
Confidence is not arrogance. Confidence doesn’t mean assuming that everyone will like you, it means that you are okay with who you are, and that you are okay with the idea that not everyone will like or love you.
How do we get to this point? You need to start by getting to know yourself, and know yourself WELL. Pretending to be something or someone you are not might feel good in the moment, but once you are alone, you will only have the REAL YOU to face.
The best way to start loving yourself, is to know yourself. Know where you stand on certain points, values and topics. You will see you speak more confidently about yourself, and you will not easily be manipulated into situations you regret.
I have taken many questionnaires and quizzes in my life, all with the goal of trying to get to know myself. And while they can definitely help give you a better idea of what your personality is like, no one can truly answer those questions but you, so let’s start there.
21 Questions to get to know yourself better and build your confidence!
Answer these TRUTHFULLY, the only person who will see these answers is you.
1. What do you like about your personality?
2. What don’t you like about your personality?
3. What do you like about your appearance?
4. What don’t you like about your appearance?
5. What are your values? What do you believe in? (politics, religion, social issues)
6. Do you believe that you are better than other people, for any reason?
7. What puts you off about other people? Arrogance for example?
8. What makes you feel good about yourself?
9. What sort of music do you really enjoy?
10. What is your favourite kind of movie?
11. Do you have any regrets? What are they and why?
12. What are you most proud of?
13. Do you enjoy being alone, or do you prefer to be with people?
14. What stresses you out?
15. How do you handle stress? What is your coping strategy?
16. What is your sense of style?
17. If you weren’t afraid, what would you do?
18. If you never had to worry about money again, what sort of work would you do?
19. What do you want to accomplish in the next year.
20. What are your long term goals?
21. When you hear “that voice” in your head, what is it saying to you? Is it positive or negative?
What is the point of these questions and what if you can’t answer them?
Don’t see it as a negative if you can’t answer the questions, because it gives you an opportunity to do some soul searching, and really figure out what the answers are. If you don’t like your answers, even better, because that gives you yet another opportunity to figure out what you want the answer to be, start working on that issue and make changes to become your best self!
Spending time with, and on yourself, is one of the best things you can do. Become familiar with who you are, start liking who you are, be proud to list all the positive things about your personality, as well as the negative, because none of us are perfect. Be honest with yourself.